Thursday, March 11, 2010

Emotions

So yesterday was a pretty emotional day for me. I found out that one of my friends is going through something so awful, then found out the news about Ethiopia, then my professor called... see I was having a major stress-fest about this one class, I had "failed" my two papers and she had written me some pretty direct feedback that was difficult to hear. She asked me to call her. So I did, and she started yelling, and I started crying. Not little tear drops, like big wet, sobbing, can't breath, gasping for air, my mom just died, type of crying. Needless to say, my professor stopped yelling, and by the end of the conversation she was saying, "Why don't you just turn in the papers whenever is best for you. there is no need to stress Amanda, you will get an A." So maybe my emotional breakdown did me some good! And yet I am SO embarrassed.

And it turns out a 34/40 isn't failing anyways, its an 85%. So all of that was for nothing. Next time I will check my math before having a breakdown on the phone with my professor, I promise!

All that to say, that right after that my bestests bud Brittlee called, and I cried to her. Then she cooked my family dinner and we had a wonderful night of fellowship and encouragement at her house.

And after all that, we have decided to stick with the Ethiopia program. If in a few months there is news coming out of Ethiopia that field investigations are failing, or other bad news, then we will be flexible. But at this point we really feel like God hasn't ever asked us to do anything the easy way, so why would we now? We feel called to the orphans of Ethiopia and hopefully we will help at least a few of them be orphans no longer soon! So we are weathering the storm. If you want to send us umbrellas, it would be appreciated.

I am sure I will have just a few more emotional breakdowns between now and then. So just go with it, k?

3 comments:

  1. Nice brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh amanda, i'm so sorry! you know that i understand the pain of having your children 1/2 way around the world. We are praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete