Monday, September 20, 2010

Master storyteller


I am reading this book.

It's really good. I read this quote from it the other day, and I have been mulling it around. It is truth for me.

"I wanted an easy story. But nobody really remembers easy stories. Characters have to face their greatest fears with courage. That's what makes a story good. If you think about the stories you like most, they probably have lot's of conflict . There is probably death at stake, inner death or actual death, you know. These polar charges, these happy and sad things in life, are like colors God uses to draw the world... Somehow we realize that great stories are told in conflict, but we are unwilling to embrace the potential greatness of the story we are actually in. We think God is unjust, rather than a master storyteller."

That is why I tell our story here. So that in the moments where God feels unjust, I can look back at the master story he is trying to tell, in us, and through us.

This blog is our story.


No comments:

Post a Comment