Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Good Cookin'

So, I've been on a diet. And you'd think I would be cooking a lot, but actually I haven't been.

BUT, I have lost 14 pounds! I have seven more to go.

All that to say, I have been trying some new recipes lately. And last night was a winner. Coconut Mango Shrimp. I got it from my Better Homes and Garden magazine this month!

Here's the recipe, it is super easy and very tasty!

ingredients

  • 1 lime
  • 2 mangoes, halved, seeded, peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • Snipped fresh cilantro
  • 12 oz. fresh or thawed frozen peeled and deveined large shrimp
  • 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut (4 oz.)
  • Lime wedges (optional)

directions

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray. Finely shred 1 tsp. peel from lime and squeeze juice from lime; add lime juice to blender with 1 cup of the chopped mango, the honey, and cayenne pepper; cover and process until smooth. Remove 1/4 cup to a shallow dish. Transfer remaining to bowl; top with lime peel and snipped fresh cilantro. Set aside for dipping sauce.

2. Rinse shrimp and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt. Place coconut in shallow dish. Dip shrimp in the 1/4 cup mango sauce and then coconut, pressing to coat. Place on baking sheet.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until coconut is golden and shrimp are cooked through. Serve with dipping sauce, remaining chopped mango, cilantro, and lime wedges. Makes 4 servings.



No comments:

Post a Comment