Friday, April 30, 2010

Fatty Amanda.

I need to loose weight.

I weigh 135 lbs. I haven't lost a pound since I left the hospital, maybe a few, but not much, I think I weighed around 145 when I delivered.

It's been almost four years, so I think it's time to get serious! I gave myself a break, with working, school, internship, mom , wife, moving, etc. I had to drop something and it was exercising. But now it is time.

My goal is to weigh 120 lbs by the time we go on vacation in the fall. Don't have a date, or a place for that yet (praying for St. Lucia), I am just more in the believing God stage for that right now! But needless to say, I need to put a date on this weight thing, so by Sept. 1 I want to weigh 120 lbs.

I know this is a bit much, but if I don't make a public declaration, I will not do it! (Plus David is running a marathon in the fall so I can't have a hot husband and me be the ugly wife.)

So here's my plan.

I hate diets, and I love food, all of it. So, here goes:
1. Breakfast SMOOTHIE- I have been doing a fruit, yogurt, and spinach shake each morning, and this is great, tastes good, fast and healthy. If I get hungry before lunch I eat a rice cake with peanut butter, and sprinkle cinnamon on it if I am really craving sweets.

2. Drink LOTS of WATER. it keeps me full so I don't want to snack a lot.

3. BE ACTIVE. I have been trying to run three times a week (around four miles each time), once school is done, I need to be more diligent about this. I want to buy a bike, and only walk or bike this summer if I am going within four miles of my home. Go to yoga one night a week with my hubby. Do squats or pushups every time I turn the microwave on. Lift weights during TV time at night.

4. NO DESSERTS OR ALCOHOL during the week. On the weekends, I can (I have never been so happy for fridays!). Now, I did good on this for one week, then I failed, but I have finals this week and next. So I am excusing myself, this really kicks up beginning May 7th (Notice that's a friday!).

5. OFF BIRTH CONTROL. I am getting off hormones to help me loose the weight. Don't worry, I will not get pregnant!

6. Any other ideas?

This should be horrible, but I cannot be seen in a bathing suit for one more summer as a fatty. So, the weather is getting nice, and so am I! See you St. Lucia Baby!


3 comments:

  1. You should call me so we can chat about this....I'm doing a protein thing and I've learned A LOT! But when you see me for your graduation I will have dropped ten pounds:) woot woot;) The no sweets and alcohol thing is the hardest for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Amanda! I agree with Katie - protein /low carbohydrates (not NO carbs) and resistance training (weights/squats - especially big muscle groups) has always been the best way for me to kick my metabolism into high gear!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unless you have a plan you know works and you like, check out Tosca Reno's Eat Clean Diet. Love it!
    You can do this! no big deal!

    ReplyDelete