Saturday, November 20, 2010

Happy Birthday Papa

Today is David's Birthday. He is 32. Our whole town is celebrating by lighting a huge star on top of the Castle Rock, it's just for him.
And then we'll eat and play with our friends. It will be a blast.

But earlier than I am writing this, he got up and went to work, he is flying this morning. One of his favorite things. It is a medical flight to help a man who is a missionary in South Africa, he was hit by a semi truck and lost a leg, his now trying to raise money for a prosthetic. So David is flying him to a speaking engagement this morning. That's just him, that's how he chooses to spend his birthday.

I love him.
He is awesome.
He is an amazing father. An amazing husband.
An amazing friend.

And I don't know what I'd do without him. So today, we will celebrate him. (Whether he's here or not!)

I am going to make cinnamon rolls for breakfast! (It's the perfect excuse.)

On a funny note Tre and I have been shopping for Pap's birthday on many occassions, Tre just can't find that perfect gift. He went out looking for a drum set for Papa "So he will not play mine and he will have his own." Then he decided Papa needed a pet who doesn't have a family (thanks to the three minute long commercials about animal shelters:), after he cried for about thirty minutes after I told him we were not getting a pet who doesn't have a family, he reluctantly settled on a sweater.

Don't forget to comment on my post here in order to be entered to win a piece of record art.

No comments:

Post a Comment