Thursday, February 19, 2009

Boiling Point?

This is my life. At least in my minds eye. I feel like right now, if our life was a pot of water sitting on a stove, that we are about to boil. We are currently starting to form bubbles all along the sides. That's where we're at in the process of life. We aren't just sitting there anymore, but we're not boiling over either. The fun is about to begin. The steam is beginning to be emitted, the bubbles are growing in numbers but still clinging to the side, waiting for the right moment to burst forth and rumble their way to the top. It's an exciting time of anticipation. 
I am usually one who likes the boil, likes the rumble, the overflowing pot, the hiss of the burner, I thrive in the heat of the moment. It's all about the main event. But right now in life the anticipation stage is really fun. I know this is a lot of metaphors! You're probably wandering what the boiling will be, what is all the anticipation for, etc. Honestly, I'm not sure I just know that God is preparing us, and the bubbles are forming. Here are some of our baby bubbles that we're excited about:

- soon we find out if we/Tre got accepted into this awesome school. 
- soon we will be out of debt! Yahoo, Yippee!
- soon we will start an adoption
- soon I will go back to school
- soon we will be looking at houses
- soon we will be traveling
- soon we will be entering the next chapter

There is a lot to be excited about in the next few years. But right now I am so enjoying the moments we are living today. The time I get with Tre, our little house, swim lessons, walking to work, my job, seeing David at lunch time, taking naps, etc. This will all soon change, and I am excited for what lies ahead, anticipating the future, but already missing the simplicity of today.
Because soon, we'll look like this. 











































And it will be everything we've ever dreamed... but there will be moments when I will miss today. 

You prepare a table before me
 in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.

Psalm 23:5

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear that you're excited for what is coming and that you're enjoying today. it's a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful house is louviers...going on sale soon!

    ReplyDelete