Thursday, November 20, 2008

30 is a New Era

Today my husband turns thirty. That's a big deal. He doesn't think so, but I do. Have you ever heard of the book "The Decades of Life"? I haven't read it yet, but I want to. But a wise man I once knew told us about it, and it's on my to read list. Needless to say your twenties are all about sowing. You have the time, energy, and lack of real responsibility in order to invest your life in huge quantities into the kingdom. And that is exactly what my husband has been doing for the past ten years. He volunteered, became part time and then full time at his church in PA, then he became a youth pastor here in CO. He invested large parts of his time and talents into the kingdom. And I am so proud of the sacrifices he made in his twenties in order to sow as much as he could. In your thirties you begin to truly establish your career, your finances, your family, and your hobbies. You begin to spend more time pouring into the important  relationships. I am excited for David's thirties and all that he will encounter, learn, become, and enjoy. Welcome to a new stage in life baby, walk in favor and blessing throughout your days! I love you. 

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to one of my most favorite people in the whole wide world... We love the Purvis Tribe. -the Bettencourt's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude... happy birthday 'ol man! Renae, the kids and I send our love and best wished for you and your fam!

    ReplyDelete