Thursday, May 8, 2008

Passion

A while back we had this man named Lamont Hiebert spoke at our church. He is the co-founder of Love 146. He said something that I have been "chewing on" since he left, which I think makes this a 9 month old piece of meat- so with that in mind here goes...

He said something to the effect of, "Our cause does not need or want your momentary fleet of passion. Our cause needs people who are willing to persevere through time. Momentary fleets of passion do not accomplish the big things that we need to accomplish." (He was much more eloquent than that though.)

And I am still chewing on it.

I don't want to be someone who is known for their "momentary fleets of passion" I want to be known as someone who will preserver throughout time to fight the big fights in in this world. But in the past when I would think about the huge injustices of this world, I would feel intimidated because I am just one person. One, normal person, for that matter. I would have my momentary fleet of passion, and then I would back away.

But I have also been mulling on this: (Bill Johnson, Dreaming With God)
Ephesians 3:10-11 "... that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places, according to the eternal purpose which He accomplished in Christ Jesus our Lord..."
The church has a clear assignment: we are to exhibit the multifaceted wisdom of God now! Which means... there are answers in heaven and He is simply waiting for one of His own to ask for the revelation. The list of heavenly answers is limitless. 

So how will I pull the two together... I don't know yet. But I know that I do not want to be a person who hears about a cause and through a momentary fleet of passion reacts and then does nothing. I also don't want to get overwhelmed by the magnitude of a problem and therefore retract. I want to be a person that presses on towards the goal and looks to our Heavenly Father, who has all the answers to this worlds dark problems, and go truly make a difference in this world- Lets sleigh the giants.

No comments:

Post a Comment