Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My fearless one...

I have written here before about Tre's fearlessness, and how at times, it is very scary. For example:
- When he stood at the top of the stairs and screamed "MeMa, Watch!" as he just jumped all the way down them. 
- Running full steam into the ocean until being tossed back to shore by waves, and then doing it again!
-Just jumping into pools, with no swimming skills at all, and just standing at the bottom looking around. 
And the stories go on. Today was the first time Tre showed true fear. Here is what he was afraid of:

Now you might not see anything particularly fearful in this photo, cause I sure didn't. But there was a "fuzzy" floating in the tub tonight. It is the little black dot near the top corner of the tub. He was mortified! He was screaming, and clawing his way out of the tub as he slipped and slithered back in, to his worst fear of actually touching the fuzzy! Then he got to the point of paralyzing fear where he just sat there staring and screaming, he couldn't move any more. I eventually rescued him and removed the fuzzy, and bath time returned to normal. Kinda funny that his first real fear was a fuzzy! 

Tomorrow we start swim lessons, and yes, I did say "we"! I have to go in too! Can you tell I am thrilled? But I figure if he doesn't learn soon he will die this summer. I'll let you know how it goes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment